To work with the Oracle Business Process Analysis Suite 11g (BPA) as a team, you need a central repository. This post will give you a quick insight in the installation steps of the Oracle Business Process Repository, as the repository for the BPA Suite is called. The complete installation and administration guide can be found here (as PDF). Turn to paragraph 2.4 if you’re installing on Windows of 2.5 if your installing on Unix/Linux.
- Create a database with the AL32UTF8 character set.
- Create two tablespaces ARISDATA and ARISINDEX using automatic, unlimited growth. Make sure there is a temporary tablespace called
TEMPor alter the
SET DL_TS_TEMP=TEMP. If you choose other names alter the
SET DL_TS_INDEX=ARISINDEXin the envset.bat or envset.sh. The envset file can be found in the
- Alter the envset.bat file to reflect the settings of your database:
1 2 3 4 5 6
REM The path 2 sqlplus.exe SET DL_ORA_BIN_PATH= SET TARGET_HOST=localhost SET TARGET_PORT=1521 SET TARGET_SERVICE_NAME=ARIS
- Run the envset.bat (or .sh) and install.bat (or .sh) from the
\Setups\DBMS\Oracledirectory of the
- Run the setup.exe from the
\Setups\Windows\Business Process Repositorydirectory of the
V17759-01_2of2DVD. Choose the options to install with an existing repository
- Choose to run as a Windows service of you’re on MS Windows.