The combined Oracle Sun solution focus boils down to the following bullets:
- Oracle SOA Suite continues as the strategic product.
- Sun JCAPS continues to be supported and maintained
- GlassFish ESB continues as an open source project
- A bridging technology is planned to support collaboration between JCAPS and Oracle SOA Suite.
- Key functions from the Sun SOA products will be incorporated in the Oracle SOA products.
Oracle WebCenter stays the strategic portal offering. Support for both GlassFish Web Space Server and Sun Portal Server will be continued. An upgrade path to WebCenter is planned for both. The IP (Intellectual Property) for Sun’s Web Space Server will be released into the Liferay open source community.