Scrum guide mind map
- Product owner: Responsable for maximizing the value of the product. She manages the Product Backlog.
- Development Team: Does the work to deliver the releasable increment. The team is self-organizing and because of that needs to be cross-functional. It’s size shoud be somewhere beteen 3 and 9.
- Scrum master: A servant leader who makes sure scrum is understood and enacted.
- Sprint: Time-box (month) to create the useable, potential releasable product ‘Increment’. Can be cancelled only by the Product Owner
- Sprint Planning Meeting: Or actually a part focussing on the What and part on the How. On the what side focus on Forecast functionality based on the Product Backlog, Latest Increment, Projected capacity of the Development Team and Past performance of the Development Team. The How boils down to the so called Sprint Backlog.
- Daily scrum: is performed by the Development team and answers 4 questions in 15 minutes: What has been accomplished? What will be done next? What obstacles are in the way? And syncs activities and plan for next 24 hours.
- Sprint Review: Held to inspect the increment and adapt the Product Backlog. Time-boxed at 4 hours.
- Sprint Retrospective: Where the Scrum Team inspect itself on people, relations, processes and tools. Besides that it plans for improvements (adapt). Time-boxed at 4 hours.
- Product Backlog: with description, order/priority and estimate. Maintained by backlog grooming.
- Sprint Backlog: Monitor sprint progress on the (total) work remaining. Set of Backlog items selected for the Sprint + a plan for delivering the product Increment and realizing the Sprint Goal.
- Increment: The sum of all the Product Backlog items completed during a Sprint and all previous Sprints.
Definition of done
The definition of done is used to have a shared understanding of “done”. You can find a good definition of done example on this blog.