VirtualBox Appliance for WLS development with Eclipse, Maven, and Hudson
With the Oracle Technet Virtual Developer Day coming up a great VirtualBox appliance came available. The developer day focusses on developing Java EE6 applications and Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c.
WebLogic Server 12.1.1 VirtualBox Appliance
The virtual machine contains:
- Oracle Linux 5, JDK 1.6 +
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12.1.1
- Oracle Coherence 3.7
- Oracle TopLink 12.1.1
- Hudson 2.2
- Subversion 1.4.2
- Apache Maven 3.0.1
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 RC2
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 12.1.1 / Eclipse 3.7
- Easter Egg: Introductory Labs for Oracle Coherence 3.7
All details on download and importing the appliance can be found on the VirtualBox instructions page. No need to say that the appliance has been released for development and testing purposes.
The image contains four Labs:
- Total Oracle WebLogic Server Development with Eclipse, Maven, and Hudson
- Hands on with an end-to-end Java EE6 Application
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Oracle Coherence
- Running the Coherence Examples Project in Eclipse
These can be found in the
/home/oracle/labs/ directory. Web links to these Labs can be found here.